Quick, Quick, run outside and gather some of those large sycamore leaves off the ground! They make the loveliest pressed stars for stringing!
*large sycamore leaves in various colors
*star cookie cutter
*pen (I found that a Sharpie fine tip works the best)
*thread and needle for stringing
*book for pressing
- Place the star cutter on a smooth space on the leaf.
- Trace the star with a pen.
- Cut the star from the leaf carefully.
- Press the stars in a heavy book for at least 60 hours to prevent stars from curling. *Important!*
- Thread the stars together with string to make a star garland.
- The stars would be very pretty dipped in beeswax as well.
Why do leaves change color? My previous post (link here) explains what happens.